Sunday, August 30, 2015

Cars and dudes

If you know anything about me you know that I am an amazing mechanic and that I can fix/build anything all by myself.  I learned many of these skills from my dad.  My dad taught me everything that I know in regards to mechanics and plumbing.  He may have also helped me become so emotionally expressive as well. The last time that I was home in Indiana my dad and I rebuilt engines and, finally, I was able to beat him in time trials.  I mean, he is so old anyway.

After I beat him in engine rebuilding, my dad helped me to acquire a vintage vehicle.  It is a super rare machine, I mean there is no way that you have even heard if it, there are only about 3 others in existence. It is a piece of shit, but it looks really cool if you can look past the rust.  It is so impressive to all of the three dudes at the car repair shop who recognize the rare vehicle. (I stop by there once in a while to fix other people's cars and motorcycles for fun). The car, or should I say machine, is about 97% rust but, obviously, I know how to turn rust back into metal so the ole girl will be back on the road in no time.

When my the car was dropped off, I totally got hit on by the tow truck operator, Carlos.  I mean, I was wearing overalls and flannel so how could he possibly resist?  Carlos asked me for my number and then we swapped tips and tricks on fixing up old, shitty, useless cars.  I then challenged him to a push up contest, don't worry, I won.

Anyway, the moral of the story is that if you have a killer dad who teaches you how to do everything yourself, you can eventually fix things even better than him.  One day you can turn rust into metal and get hit on my the tow truck dude named Carlos.  It is easy, anyone can do it.  Do Everything Yourself.  DEY. 

No comments:

Post a Comment